TAL 2x Barlow help

Hello

I've purchased a TAL 2x Barlow from FLO, it arrived today thanks to their consistent excellent service, but I was a little confused with how it works/whether mine is alright.

The 2x barlow fits into where the eyepiece normally goes in, right? And then the eyepiece fits into the end of the 2x barlow.

If thats correct, then I am a little worried. Both my stock eyepieces are considerably loose in the barlow, and the eyepiece doesn't fit into the barlow fully (some of the silver tube is still sticking out, meaning I cant put the little screw in to stop it from moving.

Some of it fits in the barlow, but not all of it making it loose. Should I force the eyepieces in and risk damage? I imagined them to fit in smoothly... but well, maybe somethings wrong.

Cheers

Scott

I have the same Barlow and found it a little snug at first.

One thing to check is that you have unscrewed the screw on the side of the Barlow enough to allow the eyepiece to slide in unimpeded. Then tighten the screw.

Hope this isn't pointing out the obvious.

It's easy to do, i always think i've undone it enough, then have to undo it more after trying to get the eyepiece in... I find the barrel is really snug, to the point that you feel the cushion of air pushing against it when you insert the eyepiece, so even the tiniest tip of the screw sticking out will stop the eyepiece outright.

Those russian engineers sure are precise. :)

Archived