Ireland - Wicklow

Jan Berg

Just a hi from Ireland & Wicklow country. Seems not to by many members from the Green Isle but really appreciative of the tonnes of advice and sharing of experience which this site contains. Hopefully will be a "worthy" community member...in time. Jan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, they have finally completed the works of Greystones harbour as such - the marine bit. But then the property developer (as well as the whole country - the Celtic tiger is well dead) went bust and the debt as well as assets were taken up by this state bank NAMA. So we have a very nice harbour now but no new houses or offices built which was supposed to pay for the whole thing!

Thanks for many nice welcome words. Got today 3 books to add to my library : Digital SLR Astro photography, The Backyard Astronomer's guide and finally the last edition of Turn left at Orion as I couldn't find the copy I had from years back...seems to have added a lot..major dilemma is quality vs quantity.. C11 vs Takahashi/William...CGEM VS EQ6. Part of the fun I suppose but as I have had the same dilemma since the days of Dynamax 8 I suppose at this stage it is more an excuse more then anything else. So time to act. My profile photo is from the largest telescope at the southern hemisphere, the 11m telescope in Sunderland in Northern Cape Province South Africa - great presentation they had. Just in case anyone wandered.

Irish exile in the UK here.

Congrats, I was blown away by how dark the skies were in wicklow last time I was there. First time I've seen the milky way properly was around Glendalough... Stunning.

Welcome to SGL

Archived