Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sombrero and M101 with Evostar ED80

Quatermass

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only taken a few with out this one was my first go at M42 with out the focal reducer its hard to see much difference but all I can say is when you try one you can see a big improvement in the crispness and clarity of the stars right up to the edge of the frame and of course your due to the shorter focal length your subs wont be half as long. My be others could show you better examples of before and after but when you try one you can see for yourself it does make a big difference.

M42%2520first%2520with%2520ed80.jpg

Fantastic pics mark ..... its great fun aint it :confused::):)

Cheers MM

Sure is MM cant wait to get out there and do it all again I just love sitting out there under the sky everyones asleep I find it totally wonderful and just wish it could stay dark for longer. :(

It is exspensive but its very well made and will cut down your imaging time which when your out side and hoping to catch your target before those clouds roll in is a bonus. You will need to get the canon t adapter from skywatcher as ebay ones dont fit.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

My latest images of M51 show the effect of a curved field. The centre is sharply focused but the edge stars are bloated and oval. I didn't see this until I got my focussing well sorted out and guiding working well. But if anyone has a direct comparison, that would be great :)

Thank you tinker cloud has now set in for the week sigh

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

We had some clear areas of sky earlier but now it's completely overcast. Ever the optimist I'm out in my warm room looking out every so often in hope :) Meanwhile, I'm collecting more darks with the same settings as last night and much the same EXIF T.

warm room - ok now I'm officially jealous!! ;-)
I put a lot of work into so I think I've earned it :) But I am lucky to have the room to put it, I grant you that :confused:

Great images QM!, I must try that sombrero soon. The ED80 and FR looks like they're given you great results!

Stan :)

Hi Stan thank you going to pop out in minute and have another session if the weather holds but this time with my 200p keen to get a close up of that super nova in M101 thats two I have captured in a week must be super nova time :confused:

lovely images as usual QM, nice to see you finally got the chance to use your new focal reducer, does it feel noticably faster? as well as the lovely flat wide field:)

I'm tempted to go out as well, its lovely and clear at the moment but the weather says its going to cloud over soon, might risk it:D

It started raining about half an hour ago here! It's warmer than last night and too warm now for darks to match last nights subs so gave up on that. So that's it for now. Not expecting any clear nights for a while - weather forecast is dire! :)

lovely images as usual QM, nice to see you finally got the chance to use your new focal reducer, does it feel noticably faster? as well as the lovely flat wide field:)

I'm tempted to go out as well, its lovely and clear at the moment but the weather says its going to cloud over soon, might risk it:D

Thank you star fox, yes it does feel much faster now and I think it was a good investment for the future I have just come back in after grabbing some more subs of M101 with my 200p. Its nice to do both a widefield and a close up as well but my aim was to get a better shot of the super nova in M101 so I was pleased it didnt cloud over its still clear out there now but need to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:coffee:

It started raining about half an hour ago here! It's warmer than last night and too warm now for darks to match last nights subs so gave up on that. So that's it for now. Not expecting any clear nights for a while - weather forecast is dire! :confused:

I was lucky tonight weather forcast said it was going to be cloudy and rainy but not a cloud in sight and no rain so they were telling porkys again, hope we get some more clear spells for you soon Gina :)

I promised myself I would stop thinking about deep sky setup. You have ruined my best efforts with these stunning pics!

Why deprive yourself of the pleasure I say its such a lot of fun doing all this, thank you for your kind words. Hope you get out there and grab some more wonderful stuff from the skies, so many galaxy's so little time :)

I was lucky tonight weather forcast said it was going to be cloudy and rainy but not a cloud in sight and no rain so they were telling porkys again, hope we get some more clear spells for you soon Gina :confused:
Thanks Mark :( It's looking grim for the rest of the week but as you say they frequently get it wrong :)

Archived