SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Welcome to the South Wales group!

garethmob

Hello South Wales

I am Sandra and from Carmarthenshire, I know Brynmawr area quite well, my mother lives there, I only received my new telescope yesterday, a 150p Dob, got out at 11 30 after the clouds made some space for me to do a bit of viewing and then again at 4 30 this morning and had a nice view of Jupiter and later Saturn, the eyepieces that came with the scope are the only ones I have at the moment, the 10mm seems a bit naff but the 20mm is ok, I am on a steep learning curve, downloaded Stellarium and Turn Left at Orion is winging its way to me and will hopefully be here next week  :smiley:  nice to have a group on here and get to know people a bit better, all the best, Sandra.

• 5 months later...

Hi , I would love to join up with the South Wales group , needing to learn how to use my telescope would be 1 of the 1st things I could be helped with and also want to learn more about the night sky!

I live in garndiffaith so wouldn't have far to travel up to the keepers .

• Like 2

Hi Gethyn19

Plenty of advice and people willing to give a hand here, there is a meet this weekend dont know if i will make it because i dont know how busy we are this weekend yet but will be going to the star party or should i say put in a appearance.

Hi Gethyn and Scott,

I haven't been too active this last month or so. Another 'hobby' has been time consuming.

Anyway. as I'm relatively new to astronomy I can vouch for this forum. A great, helpful bunch.

For, Scott, I live just down the road, Swansea  :grin:

Welcome from another 'Newbie'

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I am relocating from Solihull to gowerton, swansea , and would be interested in meeting others for some observing. Have you managed any meets recently? I will be happy to be away from the lights of Birmingham. Mike

Sounds good. We will be in a rented property for 6 months while we look at somewhere to live permanently and although my job is Swansea we will consider all local areas. The rental property has a tiny garden not suitable for astronomy and my scope is fairly bulky (200p) so I'm hoping to find a good location nearby for this season.