SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

strange moving dso

faulksy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very weird been tracking it for over 30 mins and you could easy keep it in the fov. but its strange as it was following the ecliptic but in reverse i.e.south to east

lol this is a joke its quite funny if it is, he he. Nice joke

http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-lunar-solar/183101-saw-something-pass-moon-last-night.html#post2257107

Did the object appear star-like or fuzzy? If it was star-like then it might have been a geo-stationary satellite. If it was fuzzy it might have been a rocket fuel dump - though the only two examples of the latter that I've seen over the years were both large and bright enough to be naked-eye (resembling comets). Try Heavens Above:

Heavens-Above Home Page

I saw three last night passing Saturn - they are satellites.

do you think. i was viewing saturn as well at the time and they appeared to be the same size as the moons of saturn, ok obviously closer to give that impression but i think it was more than a satellite

Lukebl is your man for those, should be able to confirm or rule that out

Stu

whos that then dont recognise that name. as a few said geostationary it was moving a bit quicker than our rotation. i was viewing it at 110x mag which ok would give the impresion it was moving fast but i could see it going past stars quite quick and it was the same size and as clear as saturns moons

Archived