Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing session photos / images

Matthew

• 4 months later...

Staying in cheddar in a campsite and just seen saturn for the first time ...... Just beautiful !

My introduction into astronomy a friend let me look through his telescope at Saturn it was a big Wow it made my hair standup I was hooked :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As this thread hasn't been updated for a while , here is a pic of the Rosette nebula that I took earlier this year.  A couple of hours of 20 min Ha and OIII exposures, mapped to RGB (had to synthesize the green as I wasn't able to get any SII data).  I had hoped to finish it this year but I think I've left it too late to get more data. Really happy with what I've got so far though  :icon_biggrin:

Rosette Nebula .JPG

Edited by Neil I
  • Like 6

Technically I'm SW Wales but the dob is South as I got it from Matthew and it's performing heroically here with my sister from Machen and and an image from Wednesday night with the GRS, double transit and Io (I think) peeping round

1. conv_Jup_204215_castr_g3_b3_ap51 (2)rx resized.jpg

10629694_10208102076328177_2881208861587883670_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to a couple of clear nights last week I was able to complete this image of the Whirlpool Galaxy M51. LP wasn't as bad as normal, which helped get a decent result. This is 6.5hrs of LRGB taken with 200mm f4.5 reflector and SXVR-H814 mono camera. First image is full frame and second is a 100% crop of the Galaxy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1