Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observing session photos / images

Matthew

That is pretty close! Did you post process the image?

I managed to finally get out and give my new (and your old?) MAK150 a play with last night. My best shot here...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100239870198233635513/posts/gWuFkWnasp7

Though I've completely forgotten the lesson you gave me on polar aligning. I did try the internet guides, but I think its simpler for someone to actually talk me through it on a real observing session.

Phil

First Pics of the moon with the C11 and DFK21

I was just amazed with how close it is.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The  2nd S Wales Group star party at Pencelli in Brecon

We had to wait a long time for clear skies but at close to midnight on the last night they arrived and we had some great views into the early hours.

Thanks to Mr Flibble for organising everything and everyone else, including Dai and Paul who are not in the picture, thanks for your company for another great event- roll on next year.

gallery_19097_2776_354529.jpg

Edited by stevetynant
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, went out on the 17th evening for the first time since last may and did a quick take of M42, new scope, new Mount

Feel as if I have got back on the horse, as while I was outside got the buzz again.

Here is the Pic

Skywatcher  Mag 125

Skywatcher EQ3 goto

Canon 600D

15 x 20 sec lights, stacked in Nebulosity

Had to reduce the  quality to post it, but the main file was to big to post here

post-6926-0-94133000-1392913208_thumb.jp

Edited by valleyman
  • Like 1

Well, went out on the 17th evening for the first time since last may and did a quick take of M42, new scope, new Mount

Feel as if I have got back on the horse, as while I was outside got the buzz again.

Here is the Pic

Skywatcher  Mag 125

Skywatcher EQ3 goto

Canon 600D

15 x 20 sec lights, stacked in Nebulosity

Had to reduce the  quality to post it, but the main file was to big to post here

Nice image Pat.  Glad to see your back in the the groove and up and running again.    :smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the dob out in the back garden last night for an hour with great views of Jupiter. Could make out the big red spot ( I think? ) and Also caught a quick glimpse of Mars, but a bit disappointed with the lack of detail as it just seemed a bit of a fuzz although that may be down to light pollution.

Will be the seeing and depending on what time you was observing Mars is still low for any decent viewing, Also don't try to over Power the Dob, sometimes a lower magnification will get better results than higher, so I would not go much below a 10m EP to see it, 

Another point is the longer you look at it, the more your eyes will see over time.

Mars is a tough one to observe but the dob should do a good job of it

Pat

• 2 weeks later...