Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Laptop/tripod support

pgwenlan

Hi All,

Has anyone seen something like this in the UK?

TriPad® - Mobile work station for photographers and videographers

It seems like a good idea - avoiding trailing cables, etc, but what do you folks think? Would it be practical?

With postage from the USA, it's just under £110 - but is there something nearer home?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Peter

I was looking for soemthing similar and found this...

Not a tray for an existing tripod but a combined Bag/Tray and tripod...

Capiz Projector Tripod Stand Tray & 15.4" Laptop Netbook Notebook Bag Briefcase | eBay

Peter...

Hi Psychobilly,

Yes, I saw that as well. The "Tripad" does away with the need for an additional tripod - I didn't see the advantage with the projector stand over using a small table as I do now...

Maybe it will come to the UK in the course of time!!

Or perhaps some inventive soul on here can come up with a useful DIY alternative!!

This sort of thing has come up a few times before probably the most useful link coming from Cornelius Varley.... To a US patent ...

http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-scopes-whole-setups/96322-laptop-stand-use-tripod.html#post1368701

I could do with somethign when I go for the summer milkyway walkabout with the EQ3-Pro and netbook... hmmm....

Edited by Psychobilly

This sort of thing has coem up a few tiems before probably the most useful link comign from Cornelius Varley.... To a US patent ...

http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-scopes-whole-setups/96322-laptop-stand-use-tripod.html#post1368701

I could do with somethign when I go for the summer milkyway walkabout with the EQ3-Pro and netbook... hmmm....

Interesting drawings on the patent.... Ummmmm.....

The only real problem wiht mounting your laptop on a stand attached to the tripod with this kind of table is that if you are imaging (probably the main reason for having a laptop with your scope in the first place) is that every time you hit a key you will introduce vibrations in to your mount.

Ian - was just going to say that about vibrations.

Go outdoors do a folding fabric table, which nicely sits between the legs, on my mount - just the right size / height for a laptop ..........

Ian - was just going to say that about vibrations.

Go outdoors do a folding fabric table, which nicely sits between the legs, on my mount - just the right size / height for a laptop ..........

I find the one I bought too low which is why I like the idea of the seperate tripod/stand. I agree with the possible vibration issues having it on the imaging mount...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Psychobilly

Good points - thanks.

I'm not into imaging yet, but hopefully will at some point, so something to keep in mind.

Peter.

Nor am I that is why I use the ipad and skyfi with the ipad sitting on the boot shelf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...