SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Aurora in the Gloaming 2

Great image Stewart. How often do you sight them? The wife and I want so much to see one but cannot afford these trips to Norway.

Its really dependant on the solar activity,we might get 3 or 4 displays in a week and then get nothing for a month,very difficult to give an accurate answer.

That is stunning, you should work for the Caithness Tourist Board :(

Very kind of you to say but I think i use to much colour for the good folks up here,they prefer their photos to look "real".:D

Thats me being very diplomatic:evil6:

Its really dependant on the solar activity,we might get 3 or 4 displays in a week

:D:eek: WOW!

I don't think I'd ever get board of that. I agree with Rob you should work for the Caithness Tourist Board, starting with do you know where Wick airport receive flights from :(

Seriously though people pay thousands to go on aurora holidays and I even heard pay up to £10 a pint at some of the locations yet may never get to see a thing. If it could be done at half the cost on home turf I'm sure there would be an interest and certainly if there is the chance of 3-4 a week.

:):eek: WOW!

I don't think I'd ever get board of that. I agree with Rob you should work for the Caithness Tourist Board, starting with do you know where Wick airport receive flights from :confused:

Seriously though people pay thousands to go on aurora holidays and I even heard pay up to £10 a pint at some of the locations yet may never get to see a thing. If it could be done at half the cost on home turf I'm sure there would be an interest and certainly if there is the chance of 3-4 a week.

There are quite a few people who come up here on the off chance of seeing the Northern Lights but the bestway is learn about the aurora and watch spaceweather.com and be ready to travel at short notice.

Beautifully done as usual Stewart :( you should be commisioned by Microsoft to do there desktops images :)

Regards

Kevin

Thanks Kevin and i wish:color:.Wouldnt mind a wee bit of Mr Microsofts

money.

Archived