SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn and Moons ??? - 10th April

hayju01

So technically 11th April this was taken 2.31am.

Anyway, with some 'playing' in CS5 I was able to bring out the moons or are they ????

I am pretty sure the 4 close in (top to bottom left to right) are Titan, Tethys, Rhea and Dione but what about the two others Very Top right and bottom middle??? The Sky and 'Scopes app only gives 5 and looking at that Enceladus is probably too close into the rings for my image to have picked it up

Or have I got this completely wrong???

post-24560-133877762282_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Cheers,

Justin

Thanks Stuart and thank you CW.

When I posted the pic on FB I got loads of questions so I created this....

post-24560-133877762588_thumb.jpg

not perfect as images are different sizes but it was a usefull exercise so might try it again and keep images the same size.

Thanks Guys, I'm pleased with it.

@Neil, is there anyway of know which are moons and which are stars???

I used this from S&T Saturn's Moons Javascript Utility - Planets - SkyandTelescope.com# but as you can see it doesnt give every moon and would suggest the two 'outer' blogs are in fact stars.

I never really check to be honest, so i havent looked into it. As im always at powers where moons dont show that much. There must be software to check this on. does stellarium not show them ?

yeah not a lot of moons at F30+ :-)

I'm never too sure on Stellarium its never helped me with the GRS on Jupiter this year but I guess thats surface detail and moon are considerably more predictable.

Based on what CW posted I am reassured that Stellarium is show the moons correctly

I have been on here trying to decide on a new scope. My options were the c9.25 on neq6, the evostar 120 pro on neq6 or the or the cpc 11". or the lx 90 gps. I think you have made my mind up for me with this image. It is excellent,

Thanks

Andy

I have been on here trying to decide on a new scope. My options were the c9.25 on neq6, the evostar 120 pro on neq6 or the or the cpc 11". or the lx 90 gps. I think you have made my mind up for me with this image. It is excellent,

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you and glad I helped. I assume the decision is for the C9.25?

If so and you'd like any questions feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Justin

Archived