Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 and M82

harry page

Hi

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment :(

Lets see now

1) subs all 5min

2) I tell my wife the kit cost a few hundred pounds so it must be true

3) The detail is ok but better can be achieved at longer FL , but I love my faster F ratio

4) my use of wavlets does not please everyone :D

Here is more stretched image to show the IFN , pushed a bit far though

Harry

post-16736-13387776243_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is really amazing, inspiring!!! I need to get a camera LOL but the wife wont like it :(

There are so many background galaxies in that high res image too, said it before but Amazing (set as my desktop image now) :D

Super Harry,

M82 lots great with the Ha tendrils coming off it. M81 is a bit over wavelet'ed for my liking and the brown colour makes it look a little strange, but that detail ot the core is stunning. You can really see the criss cross dust lanes at the center. The Ha has really boosted the detail in M81, and I love PG 28757, is that a satellite galaxy to M81?

Tom

Tom.

We have different objectives, Harry, as we both know. I'm after what the galaxies would look like visually if you had a gi-normous telescope with an impossibly fast f ratio. You are after what an image can capture that the eye never could. What you show us here is not what we'd see at any eyepiece but it is full of information, and that was your objective. You've succeeded. Voila!! Good one.

Olly

Hi Olly

Thanks I think :D

Harry

No, delete the 'I think.' I admire what you've done. I don't believe the galaxies 'look like that that' just as the London Underground map doesn't 'look like' the undergound, but it is a masterpiece of information prvoviding. Images, pictures, have different objecitves. Look at the history of art. We don't have to say that Constable is better than Monet, we can say that they had different objectives. T'was ever so.

Olly

Archived