Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Your sky tonight?

sologuitarist61

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else find it very frustrating and setting up just feels a waste of time to me recently.

Ive been out and setup for 2 hours, waited for darkness, darkness fell not a cloud to be seen, then as soon as im ready to start imaging, in come the clouds.

I think for all those that live in England, astronomy is a big waste of time. And yes, im not very happy and feel like ive wasted a lot of hard earn cash on equipment ill hardly use this side of the year.....lol

Rant off.

I must admit to having two mounts, an AZ4 alt/az manual affair and the fully GoTo CG5-GT. If it is totally clear than I go to the trouble of setting up the CG5-GT, but if not I just whip out the AZ4 (a good sturdy mount without any bells and whistles) and plonk the scop on that. Can't do any serious work but then I haven't wasted a lot of time either and, as long as you find what you are looking for, the view is just as good.

Been a very sunny day and fairly clear night here in Mid-Wales, not in the least bit cold.

Good views of Mars, Venus, Saturn and Jupiter; ticked off some more Moores (just the eye and bino ones!) :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just cleared up here in the Midlands, and just started my imaging session, good job im self employed and work from home, else id be dead to the world tomorrow!

My PA is pretty bad though i have to admit, but after a frustrating start, ill have to live with it :D lol

Looking OK here today. Its nice and sunny but there is about 50% of high hazy cloud mixed with 50% blue skies. Have had thunder storms on friday night and torrential downpours saturday night..........................uuber heavy hail storms earlier today.

I'm not hedging my bets on it being clear after dark.

But i dont plan to observe tonight cuz i'm off tomorrow morning for a few days break in the "sunny southeast" of Ireland.

Archived