SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Lunar Mosaic.

damp owl

First Mosaic attempt, although not finished coz the clouds rolled in. 1500 frames at 10fps stacked in registax mosaiced in GIMP (8 images in all). I am really pleased with it although am absolutely gutted its not complete.

I think its slightly over exposed, and I struggle to get perfect focus, so any advise on that appreciated.

damp-owl-albums-moon-picture16849-mooncomp-sm.gif

Thanks,

Yep, certainly is done with the spc. Was looking closely a it after posting this and notice that the top right corner needs the levels re-balancing, as it's slightly darker. Will have to fix that.

Nice mozaic Damp Owl, focus looks good to me.

I was given advise on these forums to get the exposure of the brightest areas looking right on your monitor and then turn it down a bit. The reasoning being that it's easier to rescue an under exposed image than an over exposed one. Hope that helps.

That's a great shot Adam - never mind it being your first go. The focus looks good to me, as does the exposure ( I can't see anywhere that's obviously clipped). I agree with you that the top right pane needs a tweek but otherwise that's a cracking effort.

I'm at J26 of the M5 so I think I'm just down the road from you- there's quite a few SGLers around here now it seems

Regards

Steve

I'm at J26 of the M5 so I think I'm just down the road from you- there's quite a few SGLers around here now it seems

Not far from you at all, like you say there seems to have been a lot of SGLers close by, have seen a lot in the welcome lounge.

Do you do a lot of imaging with your 1000d?

Adam.

Archived