Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

Dan85

Hi, after reading the advice on the site for beginners i have bought a pair of 10x50's to start with, unfortunately due to the cloud i have not been able to use them yet, hope to soon though! The site seems very informative, hopefully i will be able to make more use of it when i know what i'm doing :).

Thanks

Danny

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Danny, Welcome to SGL. Get used the cloud thing, just make the most of the nights when they are not present! Binoculars are a good place to start, that's how I started out - 10x50's, Philips Stargazer pack and a torch! If you have access to a PC / laptop try downloading and installing Stellarium - it is a great way to learn your way around the sky even when it's cloudy

Cheers DKD, just waiting for an opportunity to give them a blast without this cloud! excuse the newbie question, is it still possible to get a view of the pleiades at this time of year or is it past it's best now? If not what are the best things to try for to start with (assuming weather is ok etc)?

Thanks in advance

Danny

Archived