SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A very sad day... kev 102 42

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kev was a lovely man and I met him at all 3 SGL meets he attended, he never complained about anything even tho you could see he was in deep pain.

Goodbye Kev, shine down on us from your new place :)

I'm sadly one of this who never had the privilege of meeting Kev....he appears to have been an inspiration to many and I would like to offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends....God Bless..

There was an excellent turnout today at the funeral, and 6 of us from SGL were there to represent you all.

The Minister mentioned SGL as part of the tribute, and when chatting to Kev's parents later it was clear how much he loved both the hobby and the company (virtual and real) of SGL friends. If you want a picture which sums up Kev's attitude over the last few years I think this from his Mum will do it. She said he'd get her and his dad to drag the kit outside and set it up, then he'd go out with 2 hot water bottles wrapped around his waist, and then he'd keep calling for his Mum to show her what he'd found :). She said he'd loved it all, and the SGL friends had given him so much happiness. He had really been hoping to make SGL7, but he eventually had to admit that it was just not possible.

We passed on a copy of the condolences thread, and they were thrilled to see that the donations to Cancer Research had almost hit £300 with gift aid.

RIP Kev :)

Helen

I didn't know Kev, but reading all these messages from those who knew him its clear that he was a very special guy, my thoughts go out to all his family and friends. I hope one day we find a cure to all cancers, my dads just finished radiotherapy, and my wifes uncle has just relapsed after raising money for cancer research by cycling to Paris.

We passed on a copy of the condolences thread, and they were thrilled to see that the donations to Cancer Research had almost hit £300 with gift aid.

RIP Kev :(

Helen

I know we added another chunk to that yesterday via the cancer research box at the end of the service...

It was a day that we had all been expecting for such a long time but was still sad when it happened...

It was great that we had a few minutes with his mum and dad as a group after the service...and they confirmed what we already knew... how much the Stargazing and this community meant to Kev...

RIP Kev... I will never forget you courage and humour through it all..

Peter...

Just learned that one of my (few remaining) Aunts died overnight. <sigh> She was very old, basically... It's good to transmit the message to others though - Even to the internet these days?

When my DAD died (many years ago) I was really *moved* by "strangers" (to me) - Past "office mates", fellow hobbyists..., Clearly a major part of his "world" and caring enough to attend his funeral etc. :(

In that way, indeed, RIP Kev.

Archived