Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A very sad day... kev 102 42

I met Kev on a few occasions and he was an inspiration, never complained and loved his astronomy.

The last time we met he showed me his scars and talked openly about his operations. He was a wonderful, warm and friendly guy and I am so sorry that he has gone although the past few years he suffered with much pain.

Rest in peace Kev.

Mark

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know Kev but he sounded like a lovely guy. I've lost several close family members to the awful disease. He clearly had enormous courage and has my ultimate respect.

You have a front-row seat to the stars now Kev.

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I first met Kev in a dark car park at the Brecon Beacons Mountain Centre for the first South Wales Group meet. It turned out to be selcet - Kev, Peter (Psychobilly) and me. Quite what my mother would have said had she known that I was meeting two strange men I'd met on the internet in a dark location..... But Kev, Peter and I have grinned many times on remembering that occasion. Kev had just bought his first scope, had no idea how to set up a mount, and not much idea on how to use the camera with the scope. Between us we managed to get it all set up and then the first sub hit the back of the camera and the light pollution increased dramatically - Kev's smile was that BIG!! We also got some Wows with the visual kit I'd taken. It was quite a night. Already at that point Kev was fighting the big C, but he just kept confounding the doctors and getting much more out of life than they thought possible. He made 3 full SGL star parties after that (thanks to Peter) and was always full of enthusiasm and fun. His pain is now over though.

Its strange how things come full circle. I took the call from Kev's Mum, saying his battling was done, on Saturday while in the Mountain Centre, not 10 yards from the spot we'd first met - very poignant for me. I told her Kev was an inspiration to many of us.

I plan to pass on the thoughts expressed in this thread to his family.

Farewell Butty :)

Helen

That's a nice post Helen. It's nice to be able to find warmth and happiness in a time of sadness. He sounded like a good lad.

Oh no. :)

Like most of the others here I knew Kev only by his posts on here, by his indefatigable optimism and cheery humour which was ever present, despite what he must have been going through. I shall miss those posts.

All my sympathies to his family and friends.

a sad day for everone who knew ,talked to or read his post's .A life is measured not in quantity but in quality and reading through these post's it seem's that kev's life influenced , helped and gave enjoyment to the people who knew him.

my condolence's to his family and to all his friend's for what seem's like a truly nice gentleman.

Archived