Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A very sad day... kev 102 42

A sad day :)

I met Kev on a few occasions, and he was a lovely chap who bore his illness with great fortitude and bravery.

The world is diminished when we lose people like him.

Rest in Peace Kev.

Rob

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God bless you Kev and our thoughts go out to your loved ones and friends..

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there, I do not sleep

I am a 1,000 winds that blow

I am the diamond glints on snow

I am the sun on ripened grain

I am the gentle autumn rain

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled light

I am the soft star that shines at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry

I am not there; I did not die.

Good bye brave soldier... :)

Regards

Guy

I first "met" Kev on another astro forum SAN back in around 2005... I think IIRC I welcomed him to the forum with a bit of Welsh and Hello Taff from a Jack - A reference to the local Football Rivaraly...

We soon satrted talking Via PM's and then MSN about Football.. Kev was a much Bigger Fan than myself Supporting and Travelling with CCFC and Wales... A few month later he told me about his fight against cancer...We woudl chat for agaes on MSN and had a "rule" that I wouldn't mention "IT" unless he did and over the years it worked well although I sometiems had to have google running in another window to keep the Football and especially CCFC chat going to take his mind off "IT"...

I think we fell out "once" over a series of posts that got us both into hot water over his "gardening" activities.. Although a few PM's to the admins and mods sorted it all out...

Kev would set himself a target of getting to the SGL starparties every year and I would pick him up around midday and head for Lucksall where Helen Mike and Jean would takee care of him giving him somewhere to rest and enjoy the views through their scopes.....

I last spoke to Kev on the 28th of March... Our calls and chats had been getting further apart but typically he was ringing to see how we had enjoyed SGL7.. He then said that he had been told that he only had a week or two left... and this time unlike the others they were right...

So.. So long butty... no more pain now...

Peter...

Truly sad news. :)

I can't say I knew him well but I did do business with him on the for sale board and exchanged a few PM's with Kev. He seemed a genuinely nice chap and going by the testimony here from those who knew him he was truly a wonderful person.

My family and I send our condolences and thoughts to all those whose lives he touched.

Rip Kev

these words are for close friends and family who my thoughts are with on such a sad day.

A real true friend has fought his fight

to shine with warmth to shine so bright.

was only known here from afar

but still, tonight we've all lost a star.

his name, etched in heart and mind

his true persona was oh so kind

always there to help and guide

he will always be at your side.

nos da Kev, gorffwys mewn heddwch

I knew Kev through the forums and we exchanged a few PMs. He was an extremely generous and an open hearted man; a true Welshman whom I was looking forward to meeting at SGL7.

Rest in Peace Kev, your suffering and trials in this life are now over.

Very saddened to hear this news, but the suffering is now over; I didn't know Kev well but we exchanged a few posts on here and I met him at SGL5.

Kev you are a great friendly bloke and you will be sorely missed by many here on SGL - Rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - God bless you mate and make you a new Star to shine in the skies you loved so much.

Phil

Archived