Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep33_banner.thumb.jpg.75d09b4b1b4e5bdb1393e57ce45e6a32.jpg

Warhen

A new flower for spring

Deep on the dust and fine control of the central star. Maybe I find the tones a little cold though? A tad more red low down?

Olly

I think it's an awesome image, well done Warren :icon_salut:

I see that skull your right it's pretty scary, but what a great image.

I know about your cd collection of tutorials but when are you bringing out a photoshop book Warren, is there one in the pipe line?

Edited by Quatermass

Can't see it :icon_salut:

Great Image - I cannot see the skull though :icon_salut:

Ant

I've had the screen at all angles and can't see the skull either :icon_salut:

Great image Warren.

Edited by Spikey

The very bright star is at the top of the skull below that its eyes and it has a vampire type mouth rather then a skull type mouth if that makes any sense.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

post-25218-133877758793_thumb.jpg

Maybe the attached will help? Come on guys, engage that right brain! ;>) Olly, agreed- I am having an odd color management thing again. I've bumped that BG to ruddier but it is not being displayed- got to chase this bugaboo down!

Ah I see it now. I must have been expecting something a bit more Christopher Lee :icon_salut:

I love Christopher Lee, and am a certified Hammer Film nut!

Speaking of Hammer, Quatermass (Experiment) I have a year to deliver a Photoshop book to Springer Press. My co-author is PS programmer and astro-imager Alan Erickson.

Olly, I figured out my color space issue. Check the image again please, should see a subtle shift to ruddy/warmer dust. It's that darn Windows 7 secret Laszlo Pusztai Photography - Stop Losing Display Calibration with Windows 7 it had been set correctly but got overlooked when I got the new monitor! BTW guys, missing this subtle setting will whack you out! Images in PS, the web, Windows viewers, etc. will all look different. :<(

Thanks very much guys.

Edited by Warhen

Ah yes, now THAT is dust, splutters Olly, as he gropes to open the window...

I felt a bit cheeky critiquing one of yours, Warren, but I'm glad there was something in it. Great link. Thanks. I certainly need to follow it through carefully - once the dust has settled!!

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

I love Christopher Lee, and am a certified Hammer Film nut!

Speaking of Hammer, Quatermass (Experiment) I have a year to deliver a Photoshop book to Springer Press. My co-author is PS programmer and astro-imager Alan Erickson.

Olly, I figured out my color space issue. Check the image again please, should see a subtle shift to ruddy/warmer dust. It's that darn Windows 7 secret Laszlo Pusztai Photography - Stop Losing Display Calibration with Windows 7 it had been set correctly but got overlooked when I got the new monitor! BTW guys, missing this subtle setting will whack you out! Images in PS, the web, Windows viewers, etc. will all look different. :<(

Thanks very much guys.

Ah thats great thank Warren. Looking forward to the book it will be a best seller for sure, I you love hammer horror films you should go and see the Woman in Black brilliant film

I well remember Quatermass on the TV many years ago - watched avidly :)

Quatermass and the pit was my favourite :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

QM and the pit was one of my favourite movies as a kid.

It still gives me the heebie-jeebies now....

:)And I was also the kid that was hiding behind the sofa when doctor who was fighting the cybermen:eek: