Amazing Venus Last Night (West)

Rihard

Hello there,

yesterday the seeing was very good here in Cork.

I could advert some objects next to Venus, when I pointed my telescope I had a mesmerizing view: Venus was surrounded by some star clusters. Not sure if that was the Beehive or something else. And stupidly I didn't try to take a record of it with my dSLR, instead I've put barrows in and only took a few images of Venus phase.

Did anyone else see or record that spectacular show? :icon_salut:

I didn't manage to see it (just cloud and rain in Birmingham sadly!) but what you were probably looking at is the Pleiades cluster (M45), also known as the Seven Sisters. They are very beautiful and always worth a look.

I can normally see 5/6 stars from my garden with the naked eye but many, many more through a telescope.

I saw it last night too… I went to the country side and I could clearly see the cluster on the right side of venus with naked eye… with the telescope the view was mesmerizing :) I even tried to take a picture but with no tracking it's impossible :)

Archived