Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Jammy

e-petition - stargazing

Im very lucky, no light pollution here..but it amazes me how bad it is when i go to see relatives in the midlands. Hopefully "they" will listen to us!

Done, although the number of signatures didn't go up ...

Signed and awaiting confirmation email, lets keep the pressure up, this is something we will all benefit from.

Don't forget to check your email for a link to confirm your petition signature.

**** If this step is not carried out your signature will not register****

has this ever been given a spotlight in the news ie papers - local or otherwise? i reckon this needs some major publicity if its every going to work

Would be good, need it to be on sky at night and in there mag? Would be one way.

theres plenty of ways that could push this to the workable limit- its getting them to want to keep at it- im sure s@n and astro now will have done a feature on it but one feature isnt enough- they need to have an advert on one of the pages every month- just to keep it in the spot light....i actually think that we could get enough...i really do

Also Signed (thanks for highlighting it!).

I tried talking to my local "Campaign for dark skies" representative 18 months ago... But all he could suggest was I call the council and talk to them direct about my own specific case :-( Although I suspect that replacing the big old yellow sodium lights would cost money, surely the newer one's would be more economical (especially if, as in some places I've heard, they were turned off between 0000-0500). However, it seems that this "campaign for dark skies" is battling against the road safety, H&S and anti-crime groups... (I'd better stop there as this is getting a bit close to "politics"!)

PS I don't think S&N would place an advertisement themselves as they're part of the BBC and have to be seen to be impartial - I remember a comment from them noting this when the idea of removing GMT was being raised in parliament and moving to BST and BST+1...

PS I don't think S&N would place an advertisement themselves as they're part of the BBC and have to be seen to be impartial - I remember a comment from them noting this when the idea of removing GMT was being raised in parliament and moving to BST and BST+1...

SELF EDIT- sorry- went needlessly off topic

Edited by richbyers

I signed this on 26 January. Am rather surprised there's only 2476 signatures today. I'd have thought with the Stargazing Live/Brian Cox effect earlier in the year there would have been a better response.

Edited by LongJohn54

i think this is the same petition that was in the lounge or heads up about a month or so ago.. Signed, sealed and delivered.