Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

e-petition - stargazing

Jammy

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would be good, need it to be on sky at night and in there mag? Would be one way.

theres plenty of ways that could push this to the workable limit- its getting them to want to keep at it- im sure s@n and astro now will have done a feature on it but one feature isnt enough- they need to have an advert on one of the pages every month- just to keep it in the spot light....i actually think that we could get enough...i really do

Also Signed (thanks for highlighting it!).

I tried talking to my local "Campaign for dark skies" representative 18 months ago... But all he could suggest was I call the council and talk to them direct about my own specific case :-( Although I suspect that replacing the big old yellow sodium lights would cost money, surely the newer one's would be more economical (especially if, as in some places I've heard, they were turned off between 0000-0500). However, it seems that this "campaign for dark skies" is battling against the road safety, H&S and anti-crime groups... (I'd better stop there as this is getting a bit close to "politics"!)

PS I don't think S&N would place an advertisement themselves as they're part of the BBC and have to be seen to be impartial - I remember a comment from them noting this when the idea of removing GMT was being raised in parliament and moving to BST and BST+1...

PS I don't think S&N would place an advertisement themselves as they're part of the BBC and have to be seen to be impartial - I remember a comment from them noting this when the idea of removing GMT was being raised in parliament and moving to BST and BST+1...

SELF EDIT- sorry- went needlessly off topic

Archived