Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

e-petition - stargazing

Jammy

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just stumbled across this e-petition for stargazing and wondered if anybody in here had seen or signed it?

I've signed it, but I can't see it getting anywhere near the 100,000 signatures required for it to be discussed in the commons.

I actually don't think its the highways that cause the problems with lighting pollution, but here it is...

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27603

"The night sky has inspired humanity for thousands of years. Our myths are built on it. We have learned to navigate the globe by it. Science has progressed because of it. Studying it had shown us our place in the universe and led to more stories, spiritual, philosophical, religious, social and emotional revolutions than any other part of our world. And yet every town and city in the country destroys it with light pollution.

This petition calls on government to give official support to the Campaign for Dark Skies, and grant the night sky the status of a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and/or an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), and to support this status with a major energy efficiency strategy of re-configuring street lighting to protect the sky while meeting crime and safety objectives."

but a very good start

I just tried to sign it but it was bounced by a message saying there had been a problem blah blah. Will try again tomorrow, but I wonder how many potential signatories to these petitions get bounced and don't get around to trying again.

It won't seem to let me sign it, it keeps refreshing the page every time I have filled out the stupid captcha thing and pressing 'sign the petition'.

grrrrr

I've signed these before and not had a problem :icon_salut:

Archived