Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

e-petition - stargazing

Jammy

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"and grant the night sky the status of a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and/or an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)"

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

SSSI's are designated as the best examples of wildlife habitats, geological features and landforms. The SSSI designation applies throughout Great Britain. Sites are chosen to be representative of British habitats with each site seen as an integral part of the national set. The aim being to maintain the present diversity of animals and plants.

AONBs need to be physically located within the UK.

If this petition actually makes it to parliament, it'll be either given a pat on the head and words of how worthy the cause is (not likely), or laughed out and you'll have wasted 100k sigs.

Formulate a petition with realistic aims, leave out the flowery prose and mentions of SSSI and AONB and grab 100k names for something which is actually achievable.

Not signed.

"and grant the night sky the status of a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and/or an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)"

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

AONBs need to be physically located within the UK.

If this petition actually makes it to parliament, it'll be either given a pat on the head and words of how worthy the cause is (not likely), or laughed out and you'll have wasted 100k sigs.

Formulate a petition with realistic aims, leave out the flowery prose and mentions of SSSI and AONB and grab 100k names for something which is actually achievable.

Not signed.

Woah - nice post!

Maybe you could do something then if your so knowledgeable? Instead you criticise someone that has actually done something even if there are faults with their wording.

Ant

Its a shame it is so difficult to get the required figures, although I think a pilot test showing the amount of energy/money wasted with and without the stringent lighting standards might make councils and government give the due attention in terms of £s. I guess circulating the address and raising awareness would help get to 100,000 sigs, but its getting the message out there to them. I wonder if with the help of all astro related people, retailers, astronomy societies etc. in the UK we could make it :icon_salut:

I've signed it :D

Archived