Narrowband

e-petition - stargazing

Jammy

Signed it! I was talking with a friend who does quite a lot of imaging and one interesting thing he mentioned about street lighting was that the new fad of LED street lights is creating a problem for him - he can't filter them out! Good quality optics and flat glass to street lights is what should be used, LED lights are too direct and cause too much glare for motorists and us. People at my astronomy group meet with the local council's street lighting people and they changed a number of lights to flat glass type in the road near our observatory - what a difference and what a great council :). Then someone trimmed all the trees along the road and now 3 or 4 more lights need to be changed!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not allowed to sign because I don't live in the UK. This is discrimination, my family were originally brought to Australia in chains, balls and iron. I must be part British.......

I don't mind security light but they should all have movement sensors.

Signed :)

but do not want them there lights with motion sensors knowing my luck they will point them to my garden and when i'm with my scope they will just keep coming on every time i move.

just turn em all off and let the burglars break the necks.

most burglaries happen in broad daylight anyway.

I'm not allowed to sign because I don't live in the UK. This is discrimination, my family were originally brought to Australia in chains, balls and iron. I must be part British.......

And all this time you thought it was a punishment. If only they knew then what we know now. :)

Signed :)

but do not want them there lights with motion sensors knowing my luck they will point them to my garden and when i'm with my scope they will just keep coming on every time i move.

just turn em all off and let the burglars break the necks.

most burglaries happen in broad daylight anyway.

That would be called the "law of sod"

2881 now.

Archived