Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

pixueto

My first lunar imaging ever. Should I be proud or ashamed?

I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing by posting these three images here, particularly due to the fact that this thread is surrounded by others with increadibly stunning lunar images! Well, anyway, these are my first images with the Moon as a target. Don't really know whether to be proud or ashamed of them -probably the latter. I already had some brilliant feedback on how to improve one of them and I thought that maybe by opening a new thread I could have some more people commenting and helping. These were taken with a SW200P, 1000FL, Philips 880SPC, no filter, one with no barlow, another with an Ultima 2X barlow and the last one with a Tal 3X barlow. Software used: sharpcap, registax and photoshop.

Thanks

post-30999-133877757953_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877757956_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877757961_thumb.jpg

Excellent shots. Keep it up. It really is a matter of getting focus, scope alignment, exposure and other setting optimised, including luck, and you'll get great results.

I would be proud, my fav is the 2x barlow image very crisp and conrasty

Regards

Ben

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. I've reprocessed some of the pictures, cropped and resized them to try to improve them. Hopefully they are a bit better now?:icon_salut:

post-30999-133877758416_thumb.jpg

post-30999-13387775842_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877758423_thumb.jpg

Edited by pixueto

It doesn't matter what we think, it only matters what you think :icon_salut: Personally I'd be more than happy with those images.

I like the one on the right .

Def be proud :D:);)

I like the one on the left.... I find the bumps on the horizon realy bring home how it the mountains of another world we are looking at B)

but they are all good B):):):icon_salut:

Edited by shellfish

Thanks guys, The one with the 2X Celestron Ultima Barlow seems the sharpest. That barlow is the best piece in my equipment and it tends to improve the images, I think. The Tal 3X barlow does not do as fine a job but then it may all be down to too much magnification?