A few more closeups from 01-04-12

MikeD

A few more from Sunday.:D

All these images are batch processed in avistack2 including wavlets, All I have done to them is crop the edges and put them the mosaics together in imerge.:icon_salut:

All shot EP projection with a 10mm EP and 10" newt/DMK21.

By the time I did the south pole the seeing was deteriorating fast so I called it a night.

Mike.

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture16695-moon-apollo-01-04-12.jpg

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture16696-moon-01-04-12.jpg

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture16697-mon0002-22-06-29-wave.jpg

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture16698-mon0008-22-20-01-wave.jpg

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture16699-moon-s-pole-01-04-12.jpg

You certainly made the most of this opportunity to capture the moon in some pretty good seeing. I love this phase it has all the best features close to the terminator and you have taken splendid shots of many of them. I especially like the very detailed Copernicus :icon_salut:

Alan

Thank you guys.

The seeing was strange last night no real boiling but the focus was phasing in and out as if the atmosphere was thickening. I guess I lost 50% of the frames to loss of focus.

Mike.

:icon_salut: Just stunning Mike.

I shot many of the same areas last night with a 6" Mak and Neximage, some barlowed, some not. I was chuffed with the results. Then I saw these... :D

Not sure if I have the courage to post mine up now...;)

Archived