Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

ismangil

Kielder Spring 2013

When does booking usually open for the Spring Kielder Forest?

I can't make this Autumn (already attending Peak Star Party), so I think I'll hop around every Spring instead! This year was SGL7, next year Kielder!

Lynn and Kevin look after the bookings for this one so keep tuned. Totally unofficially the dark sky slot next March looks like 6 - 10 March so I'd imagine these would be the dates.

Richard

Lynn and Kevin look after the bookings for this one so keep tuned. Totally unofficially the dark sky slot next March looks like 6 - 10 March so I'd imagine these would be the dates.

Richard

Excellent, thanks for the tip.

I'll try to keep March free ;)

Perry on mobile (so blame strange words on text prediction!)

See you then Perry. We have a good record of cold, clear skies in spring.

Richard

See you then Perry. We have a good record of cold, clear skies in spring.

Richard

... Which makes me now wonder whether I should book more nights... Trouble is I need to hire a car if more than the weekend - can't leave the family with no car during the week!

Sent my form in today, too, so hopefully I'm in time to get an EHU (made do without one at PSP and found myself longing for a fan heater!). Can't wait - really enjoyed PSP, which was my first star party, and looking forward to meeting lots of astronomers again under some hopefully clear skies.

• Like 1

Please note if you plan to come to the Spring Kielder event you need to book asap. Bookings have been fast this year and places are going quickly. For bookings please contact Lynn (Henderson)

Thanks,

Richard

... Which makes me now wonder whether I should book more nights... Trouble is I need to hire a car if more than the weekend - can't leave the family with no car during the week!

Ok what the heck I'm driving that far might as well... Added another night!

Will need to sort out a car... I think a small van might be cheaper actually.

• Like 1

If you would like to exchange email address, it is best to do so via Private Message rather than posting on the open forum :)

Staff from the Observatory (well, me) will be visiting Kielder star Camp this coming weekend, and I will be giving a talk about the observatory project to the assembled stargazers at the Castle on Saturday the 9th at about 1:30 - hopefully see some of you there...

See you there Rob. It'll be nice to catch up with you & learn about the SDSO.

I'm heading up to Kielder Star Camp tomorrow - looking forward to it!

Hi Mike,

You're right about the forecast, but its a good location to relax with a great bunch of people :) . Hopefully at some point we'll see something!

I'm going to pop down on Saturday, catch the talks , browse some eyepieces at the stalls , maybe take my mount & camera & lenses just in case the low mist clears :)

Dave.

Yes, that's the place. See you there. Bring wellies!

Due in part to weather and also other activities I have decided to not attend after all :(

Another time perhaps.