SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kielder Spring 2013

When does booking usually open for the Spring Kielder Forest?

I can't make this Autumn (already attending Peak Star Party), so I think I'll hop around every Spring instead! This year was SGL7, next year Kielder!

Lynn and Kevin look after the bookings for this one so keep tuned. Totally unofficially the dark sky slot next March looks like 6 - 10 March so I'd imagine these would be the dates.

Richard

Lynn and Kevin look after the bookings for this one so keep tuned. Totally unofficially the dark sky slot next March looks like 6 - 10 March so I'd imagine these would be the dates.

Richard

Excellent, thanks for the tip.

I'll try to keep March free ;)

Perry on mobile (so blame strange words on text prediction!)

• 6 months later...
See you then Perry. We have a good record of cold, clear skies in spring.

Richard

... Which makes me now wonder whether I should book more nights... Trouble is I need to hire a car if more than the weekend - can't leave the family with no car during the week!

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my form in today, too, so hopefully I'm in time to get an EHU (made do without one at PSP and found myself longing for a fan heater!). Can't wait - really enjoyed PSP, which was my first star party, and looking forward to meeting lots of astronomers again under some hopefully clear skies.

• 4 weeks later...

Please note if you plan to come to the Spring Kielder event you need to book asap. Bookings have been fast this year and places are going quickly. For bookings please contact Lynn (Henderson)

Thanks,

Richard

... Which makes me now wonder whether I should book more nights... Trouble is I need to hire a car if more than the weekend - can't leave the family with no car during the week!

Ok what the heck I'm driving that far might as well... Added another night!

Will need to sort out a car... I think a small van might be cheaper actually.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Staff from the Observatory (well, me) will be visiting Kielder star Camp this coming weekend, and I will be giving a talk about the observatory project to the assembled stargazers at the Castle on Saturday the 9th at about 1:30 - hopefully see some of you there...

Archived