Moon mosaic, 24 March, phase 0.04

dvmak

Hi,

This is my first post in Lunar imaging here, so let me introduce myself a little.

I am Dmitry Makolkin, amateur astronomer from Moscow, Russia.

My main activity is Moon imaging, and I am mostly focused on the whole Moon mosaics.

Here is my last attempt to get a very thin new moon. The phase was 0.04 only and the distance from Sun was about 23 degrees.

Moon was 17 - 15 degrees above horizon during imaging session, so atmospheric dispersion can be seen as motion blur effect.

I used simple green filter from Baader, being afraid that my IR filter will be too dark for this phase.

The scope is TAK-250K, camera is DMK31. Mosaic is made of 9 elements, each element was done in Registax 6.

Here is a link to a page with full size image: Moon, 24 March 2012 by Dmitry Makolkin.

You are also welcome to see my other Moon images in my gallery. Thank you!

Cheers Dmitry,

Absolutely stunning moon images, some of the very best I ever seen, lovely processing coupled with crisp optics, you sure have a great instrument there ;)

Do you have some planetary images Dmitry or just lunar?

Best wishes,

Luís

Archived