SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81 & M51

en51nm

Got these last night. Both unguided with my 200P and (borrowed) EOS 7D.

I framed M81 incorrectly assuming that NGC3077 was actaully M82 from the initial test shot on my camera display, doh!

This is the first time I've attempted multiple stacking in DSS. I've noticed I get a blue tint which I don't think is real - any idea on how to change this?

M81 - 8 x 90s @ ISO 1600:

M81 27/03/2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

M51 - 4 x 120s @ ISO 800:

M51 27/03/2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

All comments welcome!

Thanks Quatermass I'll take a look and have a go at re-processing. You might be interested to know I've managed to take some manually guided shots using my 200P and the finderscope as a guidscope with an xbox live vision camera as a guidecam. Your blog was very helpful so thanks!

I only have a film SLR camera at the moment (unless I can borrow a DSLR!) so it will be a week or so till I get the film developed to see how it went!

I'm planning on getting a cheap DSLR soon and then doing the rest of the conversion so I have an auto-guided system.

Archived