Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher manuals

Carl83

Is it just me or do you have to be clued up to understand a skywatcher manual for any of their scopes?

I'm on my second skywatcher scope now and I'm still a complete novice. It seems to me like they miss some stupid stuff out of their manuals. I just spent ages working out why i couldn't raise the alt far enough on my EQ5...turns out the two bolts are diferent lengths and they had to be round a certain way. The sodding instructions don't even show you where the bolts go, let alone where the longer of the two goes. I haven't even started on anything technical yet!

To an expert it's probably rather easy but the whole point of me sitting down and reading the paper work is because I don't understand.

Rant over

Carl

Yes. I definitely agree. I posted a thread on here last week about how following the manual for my eq1 mount which came with my 1145p caused me to break it! Thankfully the shop I bought it from was sympathetic and replaced it for me!

Skywatcher make manuals ;):):icon_eek: all that we got with our scope was a 'how to put it together' book but no instructions for how to use it or anything that came with it! Trial and error and help from fellow astronomers woks it out in the end.

it feels sometimes that the manuals are direct translations, so possiably in naive tounge it made sence but it didnt seem to for me, luckly i had this place to fall back on, ;)

LOL just remembered that 2 pages of our build instructions were in german now english - thank goodness for diagrams!

Archived