Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today I received My Skyliner Dobsonian 200P. Started to put it up. Then I saw that one of the plastic pieces from the bottom circular board was missing. Meaning that when I attach the mount to the base it will not be level and therefore can't be turned and is uneven. Been waiting for it for 2 months. Very annoyed

Jus sent FLO an email asking if it is possible to send me just the board which I need, but don't hold much hope, doubt they will have spare boards. I could ask for a replacement but that will probably take another 2 months, as it seems to be the most popular scope.

Its basically 2 metal rings crimped together with ballbearings between them. You screw the bottom ring to the bottom board, then the top ring swivels freely ontop of the bearings.

For a 200p you'l want a 12inch one, you can pick them up online for about £10.

You want -some- friction so most people stick 3-4 felt pads inbetween too.

How does a lazy Susan work?

why was it called a lazy susan lol? hope they fix it soon...they look like a big outfit(flo) and hopefully theyd bend over backwards to resolve it for ya. happy hunting:)

FLO a pretty good about these things.

I guess they will ask the Distributor (OVL I think) to send the part direct as FLO are unlikely to carry individual parts.

But as previous comments say the Lazy Susan could be a worthwhile investment even on a new scope.

Do you think we should be worried about quality control issues while the manufacturers try to meet the demand caused by Stargazing live?

No. I doubt our shortage has even registered in China.

The UK market is tiny compared to the US market so an unexpected increase in demand here will barely show on their radar. Last year the importers/distributors were caught out by the BBC Stargazing Live series, they either didn't know about it or they under anticipated the affect it would have. This year they were better prepared but they still under estimated the affect. Hopefully next year they will be able to more accurately predict market demand and order accordingly. It can't be easy.

I hear Chinese manufacturers are having difficulties with power supply, increased wages and availability of some raw materials which has led to increased lead-times and might affect the range of products available, but I don't think that is behind the current UK shortage.

No. I doubt our shortage has even registered in China.

The UK market is tiny compared to the US market so an unexpected increase in demand here will barely show on their radar. Last year the importers/distributors were caught out by the BBC Stargazing Live series, they either didn't know about it or they under anticipated the affect it would have. This year they were better prepared but they still under estimated the affect. Hopefully next year they will be able to more accurately predict market demand and order accordingly. It can't be easy.

I hear Chinese manufacturers are having difficulties with power supply, increased wages and availability of some raw materials which has led to increased lead-times and might affect the range of products available, but I don't think that is behind the current UK shortage.

Cheers Steve

Thanks for the quick reply

Archived