Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M94

peter shah

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very good image detail and color.

I was wondering what is your usual fwhm?

Thanks guys.....my FWHM is can be as bad as 6 arc sec and on good nights around 3. The scope isn't set up as well as it should be , when I get an FLI focuser I hope to get it down closer to 2 arc sec. I've used a bit of deconvolution on the core which really make the detail pop out.

Wow Peter, 8 hours is real dedication and what a great result. The dust halo makes for a very intersting to feature..and the colour oh my its almost ... dare I say.... if you squint..Jaffa cake orange!

Thanks again everyone im very surprised to see this thread still hanging about

Super Peter,

Lovely Ha in the core and that halo is popping out. Only critisim is eggy stars though.

Tom.

you are right about the slight eggy stars.....its problem I've been battling with over the past few months......but finally with some pretty extreme work on the kit( something ive been dreading,) but I've sorted that out. I will be testing it the next clear night, I've managed to bring down the FWHM and tighten up those stars it still might need a tweak but tthe main bulk of the work is done....fingers crossed

This is as good as it gets if you ask me. Excellent processing, seamless from the core and out. It's 'invisible' processing. Something to aspire to. One day. Any decade soon.

Thank for sharing the picture, now share the 'how to'...:-)

Archived