Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade 12" Lightbridge

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
..Nice shroud John. Was it pricey? If you don't mind me asking.

Regards Steve

Around £50 as I recall Steve - that might have been a FLO special offer though :)

What I liked about it was that you could easily lift it to allow easy access to the plastic "dustbin lid" primary mirror cover and to speed up scope cooling a bit. I also think it looked rather good :)

That's not a lot of money for something that good.:)

Looks really nice.

Could never find anyone doing a 16" one in this country. I'm no good with a needle and thread either ended up making one from floor protection matts.:o

Not good.:)

ea5490b6.jpg

Regards Steve

been told new stock is arriving at the end of the month with the uk suppliers

I'm sorted now thanks. Got one from Telescope House that had been used in a photo shoot. Saved a bit of brass and the base was already built which saved me a job :)

Dave

welcome to the "dob mob"

I had the Astrozap light shroud for my LB 12" which seemed to work very well. It's much more flexible than the AE one which makes the scope easier to handle in my view.

I didn't consider using the flexibility of the shroud to make the scope easier to handle. My thinking was that a more rigid shroud would mean there was no flapping around.... I'll see how I get on.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

The skies are clearing, the scope is outside cooling and I'm getting excited because this is the first chance I've had to try my Lightbridge :D

I'll let you know how it was later......

Dave

Archived