Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

mftoet

M63, Sunflower Galaxy

Last weekend I stayed at the "Wateren Starparty". Wateren is a small town in the Netherlands (Drenthe) and one of the darkest places of the country. This small starparty (~ 30 participant) is organised by a local astronomy club and is held twice a year.

The skies were clear on the night from Friday to Saturday. I spend some time (6.5 hours in total) on M63 with the INTES MK-69 150/900 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain, using a SBIG ST-8300M.

m63_120323_1000.jpg

m63_120323_1000_crop.jpg

Full details can be found on my website.

Edited by mftoet

Absolutely!! ;) Goes to show what can be achieved with these top-notch cameras - lovely image :)

Thank you all!

Peter, I just noticed your recent M63. Excellent shot, lots of details!

A lovely image in your usual style, Maurice. No exaggeration, invisible processing yet quietly pin-sharp. Soft-and-sharp is so hard to do but that's the perfect combination and you hit it again.

Olly

6.5 hours - well spent.

It is a stunning image !!

Spencer, Olly and Scarlet, thank you. "Invisible processing", that's a nice compliment!

How lovely! Its really super, I saw 2 other galaxys there too, which ones are they?