SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

iphone programs missing important current sights

garethmob

hello guys im not sure if its just me so hopefully if some one can check it be great

iv got skysafari, star walk and stellerarium on my iphone but it seems non of them have comet garrad, or Markarian's Chain and a few others, is ther a better app for these or do i have to buy the better version of sky safari?

I don't have stellarium but agree with you with Star walk. I do have SkySafari Pro on my iPod Touch and that finds 17 comets with the name Garradd and also finds Markarian's chain.

StarMapPro finds Garradd (P1) but not Markarian's chain (As far as I can tell).

I only use SkySafariPro now - seems to do all that I require.

Dave

i found for quick finding skywalk was better than skysafari, but i had safari free a while ago when it was on offer

thanks for checking dave im just doing another check now just in case i spelt them wrong, dyslexic an all ;)

it was just other night it was disapointing when it was clear i wanted to give it ago at imaging but i didnt no where it was and i didnt want to come inside into the light as it would mess my dark eyes

edit : star walk neither found chain or garradd ;)

skysafari : no garradd nore markarians chain

and stellerarium dosent either :) might consider buying the pro version as it does seem to do what i want might have to bite the bullet, i do have credit in my account on itunes

I don't have stellarium but agree with you with Star walk. I do have SkySafari Pro on my iPod Touch and that finds 17 comets with the name Garradd and also finds Markarian's chain.

What version of SkySafariPro are you using - mine doesnt find anything with gerrad in the name ?

Crikey...

Sky Safari 3 - £1.99

Sky Safari 3 Plus - £10.49

Sky Safari 3 Pro - £27.99

For that price I'd be looking for it to come with my own free comet!

But then I am a tight git...;)

Yes you are, but I'm pretty sure I bought the plus version when on a half price offer - I already had the free one.

Half price is a relative term however. It's impressed me that much, I'm now awaiting an opportune moment to sneak SkyFi into the house....

Archived