Saturn - Wonderful as usual

Rihard

Hi,

After 15 years I've finally seen Saturn again. Overall, the seeing was very poor, with the usual LP and fog, however, Saturn was pretty nice on the 200P :( . I've first tried the 25mm EP, then the 10mm EP. I've then added a Tal 2X barlow, but that wasn't enough for me and I put the Tal 2X into a SW 2X barlow and I could still enjoy a pretty defined and crisp view! Ok it would stay in the field of view for about 3 seconds but turning the bolts I could track it without getting frustrated :) I had no luck with Mars but Saturn has been just great. What a nice view after 15 years :) I guess my scope would cope with a 2.5 mm eyepiece on such objects if I could use 4X barlow with the 10mm EP... :(

Clear skies!

I have the same scope & I to will never get tired at looking at it. The best view I've had so far was on Sunday 25th March at SGL7 through a 13mm Hyperion. I could just manage to make out 5 of its moons & the Cassini division was very clear.

yes tich it was a great view that new lens of yours was ace.

Ah hello there my good neighbour!! Hope we can all meet up on a dark site again soon it was ace!!! Hmmm I see more Hypierions being on the shopping list too ouch!!

Archived