Yay! Proud owner of a 200P Dobsonian... BUT!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just to clarify 2 things !

1 - what country are you in

2 - i'm hoping when you say sun you mean moon

if you are looking at the sun i suggest you pop down to A and E but don't drive ...

:(

At 10:00 Pm in Glasgow the Sun won't be a major risk will it :(:)

YAY! Wow, I didn't think that without the big part it would fit in properly or securely - it does, and wow! I am AMAZED already! I got the moon into view, perfectly, and then it was blurry so I used the focus (not magnifier haha :() and wow, I have got a really nice crisp image of the sun that I'm amazed by.

Thanks guys, without you I would have been banging my head against the wall all night.

I'm gonna go and explore the skies now! Cheers, really really appreciate it.

was original quote from wiki was only pointing out it may be wrong :(

Fair point - I didn't spot that dtr42 (who is from Glasgow) was actually quoting WiKi_KiKi as he didn't use the quote box :)

i shall endeavour to use the quote box when quoting i apologise for my lack of quoting skill ;)

ps it was sunny in glasgow [although it did take 2 days to identify what the bright shiny thing in the sky was ] I guessed at a long lasting iridium flare ,I was wrong:(, apparently it was indeed the sun [a sight that is rarer than a dodo in glasgow:)]

Archived