First Sun pic - sort of

bish

I say 'sort of' as it's a projected image and the colour is from adjustments in PS, so it's not actually a direct image of the sun. I also have to admit that I copied the idea of photographing the projection from a post yesterday. You can see at least one spot. There are 2 or 3 others but the white perspex I projected onto wasn't as clean as I thought so there are also bits of dust.

post-16820-133877755476_thumb.jpg

Hayy...don't knock it!

You've done very well and at least you're getting results...the matt white painting boards they sell in Hobby shops gives good results with projection.

Just watch the amount of energy you pump into the scope, secondary, eyepiece holder and eyepiece....it's easy for things to start to melt!!

Onwards and Upwards.

Thanks all. I'll take a trip to a hobby shop and get some of that board. All I will need then is a load of big spots on the sun! I was using my 15x70 bins and had to remind myself to put the cap on whilst faffing around so as not to melt something.

Archived