Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL7 Coma Supercluster

Uranium235

Yet another dollop of data from my time at SGL7, this lot was captured on Saturday night. Sitting in a heated tent after drinking a beer and some of Shibbys cider had me falling asleep at the controls :( I woke up to find the mount stuck at the meridian and a PHD graph off the screen.... never mind ey!

Anyway, ive collected together the subs that were useable and put them together with a few I collected last year with the same scope/camera combination.

Lots and lots of fuzzies in this one, and one or two nice barred spiral galaxies - average distance = 300Mly (quite a long way!)

Abell1656: Coma Supercluster

35x450 (L)

ED80(0.85x), Atik314L+, CG5-GT

Thanks for looking! :(

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=83716&stc=1&d=1332960171

post-18171-133877755153_thumb.jpg

Thanks Peter and Todd, one day I hope to have a go at this with a faster setup to bring out even more fuzzies. Apparently, there is supposed to be 3000 galaxies in the coma supercluster and Ive no idea how many ive picked up (probably no more than 300 I suspect), maybe I should try a bit of astrometry for a more precise measurement..

Archived