Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
OXO

Cassiopeia

Here's a Shot of Cassiopeia from last night, light pollution is quite a problem but i have done what i can to rid it and keep remaining details. You can just make out the Milkyway and M31 to the far left.

image.jpg

James :clouds1:

James,

I like your widefield constellation images of Perseus and Cassiopeia. I can relate to them as they are more like what I am likely to see with my limited optical aid. I have a good idea of what M31 should look like now as I still have not positively identified it. By my star hopping I reckon your Cassiopeia image also shows the Double Cluster NGC 869\884 in Perseus towards the middle top. Would you agree? I cant quite orient myself in your Perseus image though, can you give a few more pointers of what to look for. Which cluster are you referring to.

Great image James.

M31 is very apparent on the left well done to have got the constalation and the Galaxy in the same shot.

By my star hopping I reckon your Cassiopeia image also shows the Double Cluster NGC 869\884 in Perseus towards the middle top. Would you agree?
Yep! well spotted see if you can find something else too :clouds1:

I'll take a look at the Perseus pic in a sec..

Thanks Jamie/Cloud free

James

Impressive that you got such a clear image of M31 through the light pollution.

Cassiopea is one of my favourite constellations and you have managed to capture it well.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian, the orignal image is but an orange Sky which wash's out most of the stars you see in this image thank god for processing programes aka Photoshop :clouds1:.

James :clouds1: