SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Needle Galaxy

Quatermass

With seeing this good I say stuff this cold and went out for the third night dressed up like an Eskimo and over dosed on cough mixture. My target was the Needle Galaxy which I had never seen before and was curious to find out more about it. When it came up on my laptop I just went..ohhhhhh :(

90x1.25min subs ISO 1600

80 darks

40 flats

Skywatcher 200p

Modded Canon 350d

Comfy chair

Lemsip

Needle%2520Galaxy%2520master.jpg

and a close up

Needle%2520Galaxy%2520close%2520up.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, This is a simply great image from your setup, which I only just posted a thread asking the pro's and con's of the EQ5.

You've answered thread with this image on whether an EQ5 with a 150PDS would be good enough rather than HEQ5 standard.

Great work

Well - what an image, lovely one mate.

What do you use to process your images ?

Thank you scarlet

I use photoshop cs5 to process my images this was quite a big file so putting into jpeg format degrades it a bit still working on that but it can be fixed in mo.

Yep great image there QM good job :( I had a go at this earlier in the week, but most certainly didnt get as much detail as yours :)

Granted, i only got 1/2 the subs so may have to top this one up to :( Well done mate

Im going to have a go tonight if the weather holds up, by all accounts its meant to get a little shabby from here on out.

I was out until 4am last night and could have probably got it but i was on another target last night :( I really want to have a go at it so ill see what tonight brings! :(

Archived