Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just got these on eBay

sanmatt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dare not endulge in joking, cos I'll be in trouble if I do, but in my mind i have made a silly childish comment too and have giggled a little bit. Because I'm a bit childish also!

but Im hoping I have an alright set of bins that might be a little bit comparable to the 10x50 that I see praised on here.

Do you live in a monastery? Reminds me of "in the name of the rose" a film with sean connery were no one was aloud to laugh. Not one of his best i have to admit.

To be honest dont know a great deal about the Tasco bins. Heard fo them obviously but dont actually know anyone who has them, so sadly cant comment on their likely quality. But i certainly dont think they are going to be rubbish £10 Argos home brand bins, wso either way I would of thought you have had a touch.

Losing touch with one's inner child can only ever make life poorer.

I'm not familiar with the quality of Tasco bins, but it's often been said that zoom models are not as good as non-zoom models because of the cost of engineering the zoom mechanism. For £13 though they may well be worth the gamble.

You might find at the upper end of the zoom range they don't capture enough light to give a good image, but it's hardly the end of the world if you can't use the full zoom range. I quite often use my bins for familiarising myself with part of the sky I'm trying to hunt down objects so I can recognise the stars when I'm looking through the scope and I'm sure they'll be suitable for that.

James

Reminds me of "in the name of the rose" a film with sean connery were no one was aloud to laugh. Not one of his best i have to admit.

As it happens, that's one of my favourite of his films :(

James

I watched him in Finding Forrrester recently. Where he was a reclusive one time author, and he befriended a young black boy who had a talent for writing but was all a bit too kool fo that. It was sweet little time waster of a film, but I semi enjoyed it.

As it happens, that's one of my favourite of his films :(

James

Hmm each to there own i guess. To be honest im not really a fan of Mr Connery. He was a good Bond and I thought he was great in a film called "The Hill". But other than that im struggling to think of anything.

Sanmatt dare i ask why you are on such thin ice with the forum? Mores the point i guess, dare you answer? Am i to get the impression one is a little outspoken?

I dare not endulge in joking, cos I'll be in trouble if I do, but in my mind i have made a silly childish comment too and have giggled a little bit. Because I'm a bit childish also!

but Im hoping I have an alright set of bins that might be a little bit comparable to the 10x50 that I see praised on here.

Mind the trouble we got into over the "dressed like a tramp" thing?

dont know if zoom bin's are any good for astro but for £13 theyre worth a try [and if not you can always ebay them again ]

ps faulksy i can't see any pear's in the avatar:)

i didnt want anyone to get in trouble. pair

Archived