Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

inexplicable loss of frame rate in IC Capture

Hello all,

I was using IC capture last night with my DFK618 and for some unknown reason the frame rate would drop down to about 5 fps from 30 or 60fps when I began to record.

This would happen even when using y800 (debayer off) or when capturing in YUY2/RGB24 colour

Sometimes this would happen immediately when i started recording, at other times it might capture a few thousand frames rapidly at the normal 30 or 60fps before slowing down completely and the live window almost freezing.

What could cause this? Is it linked to the white balance settings or gain. It seemed to start after I altered them at one point in the session?

Thanks,

Sam

I found this as well. Many moons ago...

My laptop had two USB ports, both were usb2, both looked exactly the same in Windows... But one could handle the high data rate of the DMK at 60fps and the other couldn't.

Try changing USB ports. In fact try all of them that you have - when you find one that works (hopefully this will help) remember which one it was and always use it.

Ant

BTW if you select an exposure value greater than the inverse frame rate (ie greater than 1/60 for 60 frames per second) the exposure value takes precedence over the frame rate, BUT play back of the video will be at the frame rate selected.

Cheers.

I'll try a few things again tonight.

I though it might be becuase my laptop hard drive was filling up - but there was still about 10Gb free. I wonder if it needs more.

It was working for the first few hours fine and then it strated to play up. I don't thinkit was due to the exposure settings as they were wuite short

Archived