Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging with Mak 127mm

Russe

I would love to get all you Mak imagers interested in starting a thread on imaging with a Mak. Doesn't matter which camera, as this would be interesting to see, whether upgrading a camera, would lead to better results.

Please post specs alongside with pics and do feel free to ask even 'silly' questions. God knows, I've asked my fair share of them...

With regards to which pics - anything: moon, planets, DSOs. Even bad quality would be interesting to discuss how to improve it.

Cheers.

I shall make a start tonight, when I'm back at my imaging comp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi shankanan which specs?

And anyone, I just beginning so my doubt is are you using just T adaptor and a TS2 or a webcam?

Which DLSR is better , does it made any difference? I mean what is important to take into account when choosing a DLSR ?

and I did try M42 with an LX modded B/W sony chip SPC880

link

the prob was, with the flimsy AZ GOTO mount you can't get exposures beyond 5s to 10s unless it's really really calm

have had a 30s exposure once that was clear and sharp but that's just not enough...

I have a question as I have a new Mak but not taken any pics with it yet as its new. I have a t-adapter and the bit that goes into the scope eyepiece so I can attach a Canon rebel XT. Will I be able to get a focus for the moon or will I need an extension? I'm going to start with the moon and work my way slowly from there. Thanks :D

I have a question as I have a new Mak but not taken any pics with it yet as its new. I have a t-adapter and the bit that goes into the scope eyepiece so I can attach a Canon rebel XT. Will I be able to get a focus for the moon or will I need an extension? I'm going to start with the moon and work my way slowly from there. Thanks :D

You will be able to reach focus with your camera/telescope. Maks have a wide focus range so getting a camera to focus is not usually a problem.

Peter

Bigal 1, these are really amazing images! I didn't think my 127 Mak would be capable of producing images like that of objects like that. You've certainly given me food for thought...

I'd be very interested in knowing a bit more about you equipment and process.

The left image is M13 to the right is M27 and underneath is M57 , i used a T ring adaptor for my Canon 1000d and a 1.25" telescope adaptor which screws into the T ring . All the images were only 30 seconds in length as my mount which is a Cg-4 ( Eq-3 ) with motors is unguided , when i took the M13 image my polar alignment was off as you can see by the stars but the other two were better . I also took same ammount of darks as lights for each image which was no more than 40 for each object , hope it helps .

Archived