Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Night made for Galaxies

Really clear tonight so I just got immersed in as many galaxies as time would allow in and around Leo, Virgo and Coma. Two sets of galaxies that I particularly enjoyed re-visiting were NGC 4567 (The Siamese Twins or Butterfly Galaxies in Virgo) and NGC 4435 (The Eyes Galaxies in Virgo). I've posted a few quickie images of these and other galaxies in the Video astronomy section.

I agree, a really fantastic night. I had my first attemt at the Virgo cluster last night & managed 10 galaxies - M60, M59, M58, M89, M90, M87, M84, M86, NGC 4438 and NGC 4388. Which leaves plenty more for tonight :blob10:

Really excited about what I could see. Brings my total Messier count from 45 to 53/110 in one go !

Absolutely mind blowing to think how far in distance & time I travelled !

Peter

Skywatcher 200P DOB

Skywatcher Paneview 2" 32 mm EP

Baader Hyperion 17mm/13mm EP

A notable "red letter day" (night) here! All the "electronica" was finally working properly? LOL. But, happily hopping (GoTo-ing) around the Coma-Virgo cluster, stopping off to do a bit of VIDEO (M99 notably) imaging, here and there too. :(

Macavity/Chris

Archived