Hello from Gainsborough

Andrew-77

Ahoy-hoy!

I'm new to astronomy and have been lurking here for a wee while now. Bought my SW 200p a couple of months ago as a present to myself. Bought the dual axis drives for the EQ5 and am about to order a couple of Baader EPs and a Barlow as the standard SW ones are pretty awful. Think that should be enough to get me properly started.

Looking forward to getting involved.

Andy

Thanks guys.

Given that this is not a cheap hobby, I figured I'd buy something I could grow into, rather than out of. I've done nothing with it yet, hopped around the planets a bit and twiddled around the moon. I've spent more time on dark sky maps and Google Earth so far, looking for somewhere to go.

It'd be great to attend a meet; as soon as I can drive my scope properly.

Hi andy and welcome to the forum. Sounds like a very good setup you have treated yourself to (...I'm sure you deserved it!:blob10:) and it will certainly keep you out of mischief for quite some time.

Clear skies

James

M13 and M92 ticked off tonight. I'm like a proper astronomer now! The other half was thrilled* to be woken up and informed. I had to turn in though, as I have to be on the M62 early tomorrow, which is simply a messy object.

*not thrilled

Archived