Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade MySky Data files.

Fish

Tried www.weanser.com and they keep refering to Autostar.

Makes me suspect that you might load the Autostar data files.

Since it is data this makes a bit of sense, why make a data file for the mySky and for the Autostar?

Trouble being nothing states this.

Few posts say that copying the data files from the SD card to a PC for a backup does not work as there is a hidden data file that unless you know of it does not get copied and so is not present to reinstall.

Suspect you will have to search through sites such as Weasner, and also try CN, they have a Meade section, someone there may be able to help.

Thanks for the reply, I have the latest Autostar and have used it to create a new SD card and it just updates the .BIN file does not write the data. I wanted to just make an updated SD card and leave the old one as it is with the old GPS enabled software.

Just for the record I have the 1.3b data files and the firmware. I have the 1.2 (q/tc) data files and a working 1.2q firmware. Just require a working 1.2tc firmware now .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just for the record I have the 1.3b data files and the firmware. I have the 1.2 (q/tc) data files and a working 1.2q firmware. Just require a working 1.2tc firmware now .

Hello Fish, do you still have the 1.2 data files?

I may need help here as my old foolish brain has forgot how these files work. Correct me if im wrong but you need the autostar suite to make the sd card because windows cant see all of the files on the card. I have the 1.2tc bin file that is 397kb in size and is the working one if I remember correctly, I also have 1.3b which is 399kb in size and I used these two files to make the two sd cards that I use. I also have Autostar 5 and 5.5 and if I remember correctly 5 makes the 1.2 data files and 5.5 the 1.3.

Please let me know if any of the above are what you require the bin files I can email if you pm me.

Thank you for your quick reply. I have a working 1.3b firmware and data files and also the 1.2tc firmware but NOT the datafiles. Based on your input ill try downloading the 5.5 suite to see if there is any luck there. The 5.0 and the 6.0 does not have data files in the installation. I will give give you an update when i have tried the 5.5 installation. Thank you for your help and have a happy new year.

Hello Fish, i have tried the 5.5 installation with no luck, no data files is created so i am in a situation where i have 1.3 data files and firmware, and no data files for the1.2 version. I have firmware 1.2 q and tc and ireally would like to test mysky with the 1.2 so i hope you can help my out. I hope you have had a great new years eve

I have a 1.2 q sd card that works, If I look at that card in my pc I can not see any adata files. Its a 4 gig card and it reports that it is allmost full even though there are only 500 kb of files that windows can see. I have show hidden files but can not actually see the data files. If you can tell me how to get the file off the card I could attempt to share it on google. If I think back im sure there is a way to read the files but at this moment I can not work it out.

On my 1.3 sd card i have 4 folders, Maps, Menus, Objects and Tours and the firmware file. Maybe your folders are marked as system folders and not visible for that reason. You should be able to tick of the "show system files" in the explorer settings

OK I have zipped them up and hey are 326mb will that email? if so pm me your email otherwise I have uploaded them to google drive but again unsure how to grant you permission. probably need your email again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi need a little help on the same subject. Just got our first scope & it came with a Meade mysky after updating it via autostar updater it wiped the SD card clean does anyone know where to get the firmware & data files? Many thanks. Ruggit

If you pm me your email i can make the files available to you on google drive. Kejxero will have a better idea of what to do with them. I think you just need to copy them to a sd card.

• Like 1

If you pm me your email i can make the files available to you on google drive. Kejxero will have a better idea of what to do with them. I think you just need to copy them to a sd card.

Hi Fish pm sent thanks in advance. Ruggit 

Hi all fish kindly supplied the files required for the mysky but Im still having trouble getting it to work all thats happening is all the lights flash when you switch it on. I think I have managed to recover most of the original files from the SD card does any one know what goes in to what file & the file names? Thanks Ruggit

Ruggit if you unzip that file remove the bin file what is left is exactly as it appears on my sd card.

Maps folder

Menue folder

Objects folder

Tours folder

Firmware.bin

Hi Fish thats what Ive got. Can't understand it as it was working until the update looks like it might have to go in the bin.

Try and do a full update , use that bin file to update your mysky with the meade software .

Have you searched the yahoo mysky group?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/meade_mysky/conversations/topics/462

Have a look there for info as well, these things are so easy to mess up but most are fixable with lots or reading and playing.

Dont bin it sell it on the bay as broken , people allways buy them