Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello!

• 1 year later...

Ah, well that's the thing you see. I don't actually own any equipment. Not yet anyway!

I would like to start taking images of deep space, and from reading some threads on the forum I have gained a better of understanding of what will be required, and a very useful point in the right direction!

Matt

MA in Binary did you mean the double entendre "Mass in Binary"

... laughing... anyway I am just starting into astrography and I have been reading user steppenwolf's posts he wrote the book (literally) on astrophotography I picked up an EQ1 mount yesterday at a flea market with all the bells and whistles RA drive controller battery box table legs for about 12£ got it all home and it worked then I searched here and it seems to be a rather good mount for astrophotography and the fact that I get to DIY a few things makes it even more interesting.

KC

Ah, well that's the thing you see. I don't actually own any equipment. Not yet anyway!

I would like to start taking images of deep space, and from reading some threads on the forum I have gained a better of understanding of what will be required, and a very useful point in the right direction!

Matt

I think you are wise. Very wise. Most of us buy loads of equipment, then join SGL to figure out how to get more out of it. You're going to make good, informed choices, because the folks here are awesome! They will give you great advice and you'll be getting all the most appropriate gear for your plans and budget. Good luck, and clear skies :smiley:

• 5 years later...
53 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Hi, Matt, and welcome to SGL.

If AP is your passion, I would suggest you get a copy of this book. It will save you time, money and frustration in the long run.

Enjoy the journey.

I would hope Matt has made some progress in the 7 years since his post ;)

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I would hope Matt has made some progress in the 7 years since his post ;)

Oops!

I never notice dates in the "Welcome" section, just pick up those that are at the top of the list and have a "you have not posted" icon. In my defence, he has not made a lot of posts in the last seven years, although still in the top 30% [18384/61574] of the membership!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...