SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sunflower galaxy

Quatermass

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks QM like yourself I want the best of both worlds so I would like to keep my ZS66 for widefield and as a guide scope, and get a second scope with a bit more focal length and aperture for smaller objects like galaxies and planetary nebs:D

Thanks Eddie, you triplet picture has answered my question about getting enough signal if you've got a pic like that out of a bunch of 1 min subs then its definately still a workable f/ratio for imaging. thats a good Triplet Eddie and I can barely notice any CA on it, looks good to me but similar to you I had a semi apo previously with moderate CA, your scope looks one up on that, and its a very very cheap ED doublet and looks very well engineered, so I think its great scope for the money from what I've seen:D I should probably get a Newt though if I was being practicle but I just love fracs:D

Yeah i have a bit of 'frac' love to, i cant see myself using anything else if im honest, maybe a MAK purely for planetary/Lunar, but thats not anytime soon :blob10: Im having with DSO's at the moment and learning all about the difficulties in imaging them.

Ive just combined 2 nights of IC405 to a total of 3hours and 38mins worth of data, only to find out that its just as bad as it was previously, so no "real" gain on detail/colour, so its a case of waiting for my guiding stuff to come, and get a modded cam, or a CCD....which ever is available at the time i guess :o

Although im sure other nebs would respond better to a none modded DSLR, its just a case of finding them :p

May have a go at NGC7635 (bubble nebula) tomorrow, if the sky allows that is! Its in perfect view of my garden, so an achievable target, unless its another on the list of DSO's that my camera will hate?! lol :)

The Owl neb might be be worth a go to Eddie I think its positoned really well at the moment just half a fathom below Ursa Major on the port side arrr. shame about IC405 you could try taking the filter out your camera or pick up something like a 350D modded like me and QM Arrr.

QM - I'm trying to be sensible but keep on finding myself looking at Altair astro and their shiny fracs, they shine like mi hook for a arm they do arr

Arrrr :blob10: Devon Dweller yer :p

I'm think I might complement my ED80 with a longer focal length scope later. But there's stacks to do with what I've got. Well almost - I need guiding so a QHY5 is on the list as it a SteelTrack for the ED80. I think I shall be pretty well set up then for nebulae and galaxies. Just need to build up the funds :o

Arrr i be having a ye olde go at arr NGC 7023 this fine eve and if all else fails ye olde telemascope will be pointed at the olde arr Owl Nebula (Or M51/101/M65/66) LOL

Arr i have loads of arr targets arr....

Archived